So. This will be my first post for November. For those who have been following my blog for some time now you would probably realise that it’s:
- The 1st of November.
- Not a Wednesday or a Sunday which is when I usually post blogs.
- I have 2 new “cute” extra pictures on the side bar
- I’ve done this before (kinda) and then disappeared from the face of WordPress for a good five months after.
The thing is, I signed up for the
NaBloWriMo NanoBloPoMo NaBloPoMo for the month of November, which I think can be safely said to be more hyped up. From what little I know ( to prove how little , the little I know is, I am still having trouble with its abbreviation) it’s more talked about because November is also the NaNoWriMo so those who don’t have a No to Wri, they can Blo a Po for the Mo 😀
By the way if you didn’t already know (and also I’m lazy to Google it for myself every time) :
- NaNoWriMo = National Novel Writing Month
- NaBloPoMo = National Blog Posting Month
- There is no such thing as NaBloWriMo or NanoBloPoMo…that was me making things up.
To make this even more interesting (referring to point number 4 in the list above), I have not only signed up to Rara’s team, (Go Team NanoPoblano!) I have also signed up to guest post at the YeahWrite site (thanks to Rara and Erica), added my blog to the long, long blogroll at BlogHer (as an “incentive” to stay motivated for the month), “signed up” for Rara’s Label Day challenge thingy and signed up for Linda’s ( at litebeingchronicles) Retrograde challenge.
*Laughs out loud* Excuse the snort…I’m typing this on the 30th of October and am feeling just a tiny bit hysterical at this point..hehe.
On the flip side though, I’m very curious to see how I actually handle this month of daily blogging. I tried the WordPress Daily Post challenge a couple of years ago, in my now deleted blog (may it rest in peace). The only reason I took up that challenge was because I liked how the badge looked on some of the blogs I visited, mhmm. I pushed through for about two months, then completely burned out I disappeared from anything blog related for the next 5 months or so. The lesson my friend is never do anything for the sake of “cute badges or buttons”.
I’m not going to give myself this list of “What I shall accomplish in this month of daily posting blog posts” because these sorts of things don’t really work for me. I’m not even going to be actually posting “daily” posts, more of scheduling a few posts at a go because of my work schedule, which is going to make this an even more interesting month.
On a different tangent, I want to also take this opportunity to:
1. Thank Linda from litebeingchronicles for giving her readers an opportunity to get their creative juices flowing. A few months ago she set up this friendly challenge for her readers to come up with a badge to gift to her blog’s commenters as she had reached her 1000th comment and wanted to gift it to said 1000th commenter. She also invited the participants to share their creations in their blogs and well…conveniently blaming my culture for this, I didn’t do that because well…it just felt like it wouldn’t be…polite. She made sure to correct such silly thoughts…so here’s the badge that I submitted, which was gifted to Gloria for being the 1000th commenter.
2. I want to give a BIG THANK YOU for all who have visited my blog. I reached just over 10,000 views and am really quite thrilled since it’s the very first time I’ve achieved something like this!
3. I also want to give a great big welcome to those who have newly followed me and another round of thank you’s to all of you who have graciously followed my blog, commented on them and liked the posts this past year !
4. I want to thank Sue for gifting her readers with the badge below. Of the many, many blogs that I’ve owned (a moment of silence to my now deleted blogs), the friends I have made in this community specially since I started this Heartsongs Blog, has been an awesome experience. It’s amazing how many similar and like-minded people I have come across and it’s been a really cool journey from becoming just blog buddies to connecting with some outside of blog land, learning about one another and also learning from each of you!
The creator of this badge, Shaun, requested anyone who took this to post his reasons for it. So I’ve copied and pasted it directly of Sue’s post:
“This is an award for everyone who is part of the “Word Press Family” I start this award on the basis that the Word Press family has taken me in, and showed me love and a caring side only Word Press can. The way people take a second to be nice, to answer a question and not make things a competition amazes me here. I know I have been given many awards, but I wanted to leave my own legacy on here by creating my own award, as many have done before. This represents “Family” we never meet, but are there for us as family. It is my honour to start this award.”
As with any “award” there are some rules:
1. Ping back to the person who gave you the Award
2. Display the Award
3. Display the text in Red as I want people to know why I made it.
4. Nominate 10 people you look to as almost Family here on Word Press”
I’m not nominating anyone because in some form or another you have all become a part of my world. What I will do however is follow Sue’s “new rule” for this:
New Rule: So if you have commented upon Heartsongs Blog in the Last 15 posts , then you have picked up the WordPress Family award created by Shaun.
Ok then. I think I’m all done for this post!
See you …tomorrow..for the next 30 days!! 🙂