There is a quote or saying which goes: One man’s meat is another man’s poison.
Just as one man’s meat is another’s poison, I’d say that if you talk about art in any of its forms and fashion too, what brings one pure, elated joy touching their hearts and making them cry out in absolute love would most probably cause another’s mind to fly over the cuckoo’s nest causing their hearts to cringe and run for the ever present closet from pure terror – Shree Jacob
And so, having totally dissed those in the list below , I would like to extend my sincerest and profound apologies to:
- The 50 Shades of Grey series: for agreeing it was mostly nauseatingly crappy, even though I haven’t read it at all.
- To the Twilight series: for agreeing to the above and for almost jumping off the plane when the movie played was Breaking Dawn. I haven’t read any of these books either.
- For, just now snorting at the idea that the Twilight series is actually considered a saga. Ok..I know..this makes my apology look insincere, but I am trying!
- To Kristen Stewart: for agreeing by vigorously nodding my head to someone somewhere on the internet saying that her acting capabilities come with only two expressions. I *have* seen two of her movies. One mentioned above and the other was Snow White and the Huntsman.
- To Lady Gaga’s video producers and stylist: for almost always feeling literally ill with fright whenever I attempt to watch any of her music videos or come across pictures of her in uhmm…interesting (very interesting) attires (??)
Now, what prompted this post from me?
Well, I was at Goodreads and looked at the reviews for Stephen King’s book 11/22/63. Someone had mentioned in the beginning of her review: “Go ahead, book snobs. Proclaim haughtily that Stephen King is not Literature. I shall retort with a Pratchett quote, “Susan hated Literature. She’d much prefer to read a good book.” And nobody argues with Sir Terry.”
That’s when it hit me. When it comes to almost anything in life specially spirituality or religion, art, books, movies, fashion, food, sexual preference…it really is not our business to look down or up our noses at other’s. Because just as I completely despise anyone trying to shove their believes down my throat, others would too! Yes, I know. It seems pretty obvious doesn’t it? Sometimes I feel it always does…on hindsight or reflection. Which is a good thing. The thing is when we are waking up from our deep slumber and becoming more aware, then we start realising it as it is happening. Then the choice is again with us to either stop and say no more or bulldoze our way regardless.
And I shall keep endeavouring to be as aware as I should to not impose what I think is “right” and “great” and “wonderful” on others, I will swallow my fears when others seem to be “against me” because really most times in life it’s our perception that makes us feel that way, doesn’t it?; and I will instead state what I have to say in a respectable way.
*as I grin a naughty little grin* Can I just please say it again though…no..I shan’t. I’m going to be good. 😛
Kindly click the badges below to show support to the other bloggers on this journey of madly writing a post a day..lol