A little about me :
- My full name is Jeyashree Jacob. I’m known as Shree on this blog. If you’re reading this in 2013, then I’ve been on this planet for the past 41 years! I don’t really feel it in my mind (I love “shocking” my mind once in a while by reminding it of my age), my body mainly the joints would like to disagree with that.
- I’m from Malaysia which is literally half the world away from the US. So another thing I love to do, when I am chatting with friends in the US, is to occasionally say “ I come to you from the fuuuuutureeee!!”, while my mind accompanies that with a “OooOOOoooo”, much like a white sheeted ghost.
- I’ve been described (by my sister) as a “rubber tree” though I think “rubber band tree” is more appropriate! Why? Well, this is me: I find something that I am really interested in, like art. So I go full steam ahead, just immersing all my time and energy into it for a couple of weeks leaving every other project to collect cobwebs only to lose steam by swinging all the way to either another “project” or just not doing anything at all! However, I was delighted to know that it’s not really a problem because there are people called Multipotentiates…and I “think” I might be one!
- I remember when we were really young, my sister and I would play “Teacher, teacher!” , each taking turns to use the walls as a chalk board (we had “lovely” doodles all over the living room walls) and I always enjoyed being the teacher! That’s what I’ve enjoyed even during my work – the presentations, the training sessions, participating in workshops. I love sharing what I know and learn.
- I like writing. It has always been easier for me to express my feelings and thoughts through the written word. I do tend to ramble a little (okay maybe a little more than just a little) but rambling sometimes, like most things in life can be good in small to moderate doses.
So..whatchu been doing for these past 41 years, Shree?
On a warm and presumably very humid day on the 25th of September 1972, a little baby girl was (most probably) pulled out from her mother, kicking and screaming……
- I obtained my Bachelors in Medicine and Surgery from India. It was 6 years of wonderful and at times hard experiences that I treasure. It was only when looking back at my experiences there that I realized I always had friends coming to me for advice about life and relationships because I was easy to talk to, even though the strange thing was I never actually had a romantic relationship.
- After being married for 6 years, I separated and moved back home (yes, I’m living with my parents, which isn’t too bad). This was in 2006 and it’s been seven years since and what a journey it was and still is.
- After working for close to 11 years as a medical doctor within the Ministry of Health, Malaysia, I did a 180 degree turn and went into the Pharmaceutical industry as a Medical Manager for 3 years.
- In 2010, I had my first tarot card reading and that gave me a wonderful opportunity to start on another new chapter in my life. I met people who were interested in what I was interested in. I signed up for an Intuitive Tarot Card Reading class and in 2011, I put on my “student hat” at the American Institute of Holistic Theology.
- June 1st 2012 would mark another big milestone because that was the day I handed in my resignation letter and left a “normal, stable” job deciding that it was time for me to do what I could not, not do.
- Now, I work three full days at a GP practice in Kuala Lumpur (full day = 12.5 hours) and have the rest of the week free to learn how to balance my interest in art, writing ( through this blog), reading, meditating, learning to communicate with crystals, tarot cards, my studies at the AIHT and just learning to be.
If you want to know more about me…just ask 😀